I’ve been diagnosed with stage 2 adrenal fatigue, which isn’t a “real” disease according to most doctors.
I saw a chiropractor that had me take a test to check my levels of cortisol. I am low in the morning and extremely low in the late afternoon.
Adrenal fatigue is supposed to cause all this:
- Fatigue (I have this most days from 3-5pm)
- Poor immune system – Sick all the time
- Reactive hypoglycemia (I started having this after my RNY. My bariatric surgeon says they don’t know why it happens)
- Difficulty getting going in the morning
- Cravings for sugary yummies
- And the list goes on and on
There seems to be a ton of natural ways to fix this. It seems like everyone recommends a different supplement to take. I also have licorice root drops and pregnenolone coming in the mail. That is what my chiropractor recommended. I have started with apple cider vinegar three times a day. I attend yoga and aerobic classes. I need to up my vitamin C. I am also suppose to cut out gluten, dairy, and soy.
I am learning how to make gluten-free baked goods. I tried hamburger buns today. They didn’t turn out. The dogs didn’t even like them. I have been successful with banana bread and waffles. Sir even likes the stuff I have made.